Because I'm a Southern gal, I love to cook yummy in your tummy goodness. However, some foods just don't agee with my tummy. Well, when I was asked to try Beano(see post here), I was actually able to eat the foods I love. From cabbage to my favorite grains, I've included a simple menu for your family to enjoy.
The great part about Sante Fe turkey burgers is how easy they are to make. With a few simple ingredients, y'all can treat your family to yummy in their tummy goodness.
2 lbs. ground turkey
1 pkg. UNCLE BEN'S® WHOLE GRAIN MEDLEY™ Santa Fe
1 pkg. onion rolls
1 large red bell pepper
1 large red onion
1 container feta cheese
1 medium red cabbage
1 cup mayonaise
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Shread red cabbage into small pieces, add mayonaise and mix well. Add season salt to taste, mix and chill in the fridge until ready to serve- about 30 minutes.
- Prepare the turkey burgers. Add ground turkey to a mixing bowl, add salt and pepper to taste, combine well. Add the whole grain rice and 1/4 cup feta cheese, mix well. Form 4 turkey patties. Spray baking dish with cooking spray and place burgers in pre-heated oven for about 30 minutes or until done.
- For the veggies to serve on top of burgers: slice bell pepper and onion into strips, sautee in skillet with a little cooking oil over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Wait until about 5 minutes before you take the burgers out of the oven to prepare veggies.
- For purple potato chips: rinse about 20 petite purple potatoes, slice thin and place in a deep fryer with enough oil to cover tops. These will cook fast, so make sure potato chips don't burn. Cook about two minutes, remove to paper towel to drain, sprinkle with season salt.
- Spread for the burgers: Combine 1 cup horseradish with 1 Tbs. chili powder or paprika, add about 1/4 cup feta cheese, mix well, spread on onion roll on on top of turkey burger.