Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Eating the Alphabet:Mango Tango Chicken Salad with Nectarine Vinaigrette


It's time y'all for another edition of Eating the Alphabet. This month's letters are M, N &/or O. You can find out more about Eating the Alphabet over at Meal Planning Magic hosted by Brenda. 

I just love the letters I get to work with this month! M is for Mango, N is for Nectarine and O is for Onion.

Today I've whipped up a Mango Tango Chicken Salad with Nectarine Vinaigrette for y'all's eating enjoyment.

Ingredients:
2 large boneless chicken breasts
1 large ripe mango
1 medium red onion
2 cups fresh spinach
3 nectarines
sea salt to taste
fresh ground pepper to taste
1 tablespoon dill
1 cup red wine vinegar

Directions:
Preheat oven to 300 F. Prepare chicken breasts. Leave skin on and rub with olive oil, place on foil lined baking dish, cook about 30 minutes or until juices run clear. While chicken is cooking prepare mango and onion. Peel mango, cut into bite size pieces. Chop onion into medium pieces, toss with mango, set aside. Rinse spinach and remove any stems and dry with paper towel. Add spinach, mango and onion to serving bowl. Prepare vinaigrette. Peel nectarines, remove pits add to food processor with 1 cup red wine vinegar, salt, pepper and dill, mix until blended. Once chicken is done, remove skin, chop into bite size pieces, add to spinach mixture, toss with vinaigrette.

Enjoy this yummy in your tummy summertime salad y'all!


7 comments:

Lynn Gardner said...

Yummy! Nectarine and mango, two of my favorite fruits!

bonbon said...

Oh my gosh this sounds so delicious! I will have to try it out for sure- I've been looking for some good summer meals and this one sounds perfect. Just found your blog and I've loved looking around and getting to know you better. I'm excited to follow along!

new follower :)
bonnie
bonnielouisa.blogspot.com

William Kendall said...

Sounds delicious!

Meal Plan Mom (Brenda) said...

Sounds yummy! I love finding new ways to use mango besides just eating fresh and cut up. Will have to add this to my list of "to-try"

Julie said...

That does sound good! Will have to try it. I have nominated you for the Versatile Bloggers Award. You can read about it at http://icreatepurtythangs.blogspot.com/2012/08/another-award.html

Marlys Folly said...

this sounds good ~ love mangoes ... I linked up my fish with mango-avocado salad (as long as it linked up). thanks for hosting. Newest follower.
http://marlys-thisandthat.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment

Thank's for stopping by.Y'all come back!