Sunday, August 12, 2012

Easy Granny Smith Apple Crumble


Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup chopped and peeled Granny Smith Apples
1/2 raspberry jam
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon butter
2 strawberry cereal bars-crumbled

Directions:
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F
Lightly spray a 6 cup cupcake tin with cooking spray
Combine apples, raspberry jam, brown sugar, cinnamon, butter and 1 cereal bar together, bring to boil on high heat, reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes.
Place mixture into cupcake tins, place remaining crumbled cereal bar on top, bake about 5 minutes or until bubbly and topping is golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool. Scoop out with spoon.

This can be eaten as a stand alone dessert or served over vanilla ice cream. Yummy in your tummy y'all!
Foodie Friends Friday

4 comments:

Tricia Tennery said...

From one Alabama blogger to another, I gave you a blog award, stop by and pick up your prize. http://www.todaywiththetennerys.com/2012/08/an-award-for-me.html

William Kendall said...

With the exception of the cereal bars, this sounds like one I've had before. It's delicious.

Millie Burns said...

Yum, this sounds delish. Found you on the Over 40 blog list. Decided to follow. I am always looking for tasty treats to try. Don't live in the South, but so far I love the dishes from the South that I've tried : )

Marlene @Nosh My Way said...

I love this recipe. I will bookmark so I can make it some time soon. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday.
I have chosen your recipe as my host favorite. Your photo along with a link back to your recipe will be featured on the Daily Dish Magazine on Monday.

Post a Comment

Thank's for stopping by.Y'all come back!