Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Bacon Wrapped BBQ Chicken Livers


O.K. y'all, I know a lot of you are thinkging chicken livers...yuck! Aren't those fish bait? Well, here in the South a lot a people use chicken livers as fish bait, but this granny loves to cook them up and eat them just about anyway  and one of my favorite ways y'all is barbecued. This yummy in your tummy treat is one of my favorite down home Southern dishes!

Ingredients:
1 container chicken livers
1 tablespoon season salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 pkg.maple bacon
apricot BBQ sauce
Apricot BBQ Sauce:
1 cup of apricot jam
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
the juice of 1/2 lemon
1/4 cup brown sugar
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
Rinse chicken livers
Combine season salt, pepper, and salt in mixing bowl, add livers, coat well, place in oven about 10 minutes. While livers cook, add BBQ sauce ingredients to saucepan and cook over medium heat about 10 minutes. Cook bacon slices over medium heat, 2 minutes on each side,(y'all don't want your bacon crispy) remove from heat, drain on paper towel. Once BBQ sauce is done, remove chicken livers from oven, toss in BBQ sauce until well coated, return to oven and cook about 15 minutes until done. Remove from oven, wrap each BBQ liver in bacon and secure with food pick.


I'm partying here:

Recipe Box # 9

Cast Party Wednesday
Country Momma Cooks

Thursday Favorite Things

7 comments:

Ellen B Cookery said...

This sounds great! I made a pate out of chicken livers that I posted and that was the first time I tried them. The taste is starting to grow on me big time!

Amber @ The Cook's Sister said...

Love this! We eat a lot of offal meats because they're budget friendly. I love the liver paired with bacon. Yum!

Stopping by from Whatcha' Whipped Up Wednesdays my recipe is #33

Camille said...

My grandma and mom always loved liver... I always thought it looked gross until I grew up, I realized I loved it too lol! Thanks for sharing. :)

Annmarie Pipa said...

everything is better with bacon!

William Kendall said...

I'm not quite sure I could bring myself to eat it.

Though they do say eating liver is great for boosting iron levels.

Leslie Lambert said...

This sounds like such a creative idea! This would be perfect to link-up to my Create It Thursday post...it's live now! http://www.lambertslately.com/2013/06/create-it-thursday-6-plus-features.html

Joanne DiPalo said...

Thanks for sharing your recipe with Foodie Friends Friday. This is a terrific appetizer especially for holiday parties.

Post a Comment

Thank's for stopping by.Y'all come back!