Tuesday, June 11, 2013

#SundaySupper#Back to School : Lemon Dilled Salmon Croquette Burgers


Today is a special #SundaySupper. It's a #Back to School even hosted by Nicole Cook over at The Daily Dish Recipes. Today we are celebrating quick and easy back to school dishes in 30 minutes or less to prepare. NO DESSERTS or NO BEVERAGES for this event to keep the focus on helping families come up with fantastic meals on the fly. Healthy Snacks and Appetizers are acceptable.

We were also asked to include a meal plan with out back to school dish. Some of my family's favorite sides include rainbow skillet potatoes and a side salad.
All of these yummy in your tummy recipes can be prepared in 30 minutes or less.
Sunday Night Meal Plan:
Lemon Dilled Salmon Croquette Burgers
Rainbow Skillet Potatoes
Side Salad


It's official my grandson started back to school on Monday and with that comes the chaos of finding the time and energy to fix quick and easy suppers. I work 10 hours a day and I don't get home until late, so the task of fixing supper falls to my better half. With school back in session I wanted to make my hubby's time in the kitchen easier, so I planned a week's worth of thirt minute or under recipes.

One of most favorite childhood memories of growing up in the South was watching my mama fix salmon croquettes. It's still one of my favorite Southern comfort foods. I've tweaked mama's recipe to get my grandson to eat salmon. I add a special ingredient to bring out the flavor of the salmon. It's yummy in your tummy y'all.

Ingredients for salmon croquettes:
1 can salmon, drained, bones removed
1 egg-beaten
1 lemon-halved
Equal parts flour and Italian bread crumbs (about 1/2 cup each)
1 tablespoon dill plus 1 1/2 teaspoons
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon sea salt
oil for frying(about 1/3 to top)
about 1/4 chopped green onion(save some for garnish)
6 whole wheat rolls

Directions:
Over medium heat, heat oil in medium skillet. Combine canned salmon, beaten egg, flour-Italian bread crumbs and salt,pepper and 1 tablespoon dill. Form into patties and dust with additional seasoned bread crumbs. Fry until golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side. As patties cook, sprinkle with remaining dill and juice from 1 lemon halve. Remove from skillet, place on paper towel to drain any excess grease. Let patties rest about 2 minutes. Place salmon burger on roll, top with sauce and a little green onion.

Makes about 6 patties 

Sour Cream Dill Sauce:
8 oz. container sour cream
1 teaspoon dill or to taste
ground black pepper to taste
1 teaspoon lemon

Whisk ingredients together, serve over salmon croquettes.

You are not going to believe the quick and easy Back to School Meals that the #SundaySupper team has put together for you this week. Just look at what they’ve made!


Please be sure you join us on Twitter throughout the day on Sunday. We’ll be meeting up at 7:00 p.m. EST for our weekly #SundaySupper live chat where we’ll talk about Back to School Meals and ways to make meal time easier!
All you have to do is follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, or you can follow us throughTweetChat! We’ll be sharing great recipes and tips all afternoon, and we’ll be talking all things Back to School Meals during our chat!



27 comments:

Lizzy Do said...

These sound delicious! Each time Lent rolls around, I think of making some sort of salmon patty but never know where to start. Yours are simple and the sauce looks amazing! Thanks for sharing the for #SundaySupper~

Katy said...

I love the flavors in this dish! Great weeknight recipe, thanks for sharing it!

diabeticFoodie said...

This was the only way I knew you could eat salmon growing up. Your version is much fancier than ours - we called ours Salmon Cakes and used crushed up saltines in them. We never ate them as sandwiches either - great idea!

Lane said...

Even though I'm not a salmon fan these sound delicious! Maybe I will like salmon is I cover it with sour cream sauce.

Paula @ Vintage Kitchen said...

Great idea for a different burger! Perfect for a hectic day.

Jen @JuanitasCocina said...

These sound fabulous! We love salmon any way we can get it!

Chelsea said...

This sounds so so good! Can't wait to try!

Angie Barrett said...

sounds wonderful!!

Renee Dobbs said...

I've made salmon patties but not with lemon and dill. I'll have to try your recipe. I like the sauce that goes with it too.

Sarah said...

never thought to made salmon bugers. I will try very soon. especially with the sour cream dill sauce.

Anne @ Webicurean said...

Love salmon! This sounds like a wonderful way to use it.

Melanie said...

sounds yummy!

Brandie @ Home Cooking Memories said...

Your post reminded me of my Dad (who passed away in January)...in a phone conversation one time, he told me about how he loved salmon patties. I told him how I had never had them and he explained to me how he made them. I love fish, so I figured I would try them someday. But I had forgotten about it and until I read your post, it was something I hadn't thought about since he told me. I can't remember the ingredients he said other than canned salmon. Anyway, your recipe looks great and I'm saving it so I can make it in honor of him. Thanks for this!

Conni MrsMamaHen Smith said...

I have a ton of salmon in my freezer....I may have to give this a try!

Laura @ Family Spice said...

Salmon and dill were made for each other!

Heather Schmitt-Gonzalez said...

Mmmm...salmon is one of my favorite things and I can just imagine how tasty these croquettes are - especially with that sauce.

Amy Kim said...

I have a whole bunch of canned salmon in my pantry (no joke!)...this is the perfect recipe for me to try! Thanks for sharing!

Leslie Limon said...

Sounds delicious! Especially topped with the sour cream & dill sauce. :)

Nancy @ gottagetbaked said...

I love salmon and I love making salmon cakes. So easy but delicious! I can't believe you work a 10 hour day and still have time to blog, cook, and take care of your family and household. Amazing!

Family Foodie said...

What a wonderful recipe! I absolutely love Salmon and can't wait to try this fabulous recipe. Thank you for sharing during #SundaySupper

Tara said...

Love salmon and dill together!!

Mama.Mommy.Mom. said...

I love salmon patties (that's what we call them - so not fancy around here) and I love the combo or dill and lemon together.

These sound great!

Jamie @ www.mamamommymom.com

Laura Hunter said...

Salmon anything is good! These sound so delicious.

Cindys Recipes said...

Great way to use chicken!

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Desserts said...

What a quick and healthy dinner to get on the table!

William Kendall said...

Not a fan of seafood myself, but I see you've got quite a few people salivating!

Blogs said...

Hello,


We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.

Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

Best regards,

petitchef.com


Post a Comment

Thank's for stopping by.Y'all come back!