Saturday, July 14, 2012

Sweet Southern Rice Pudding

 In the South y'all nothing says love like rice pudding. I remember going to my grandma's for Sunday supper and the smell of cinnamon floated on the air. This is my grandma's recipe with a one ingredient difference I added for taste. I added the pitted plums. Shh... don't tell my grandson, he doesn't know it's really prunes y'all!




Ingredients:
1 cup dry rice or boil-in-bag

2 cups water
1 1/2 cup half and half
1/2 cup dried pitted plums, chopped
1 egg, beaten
5 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup dark brown sugar

Directions:
Cook rice as directed. While rice is cooking pudding mixture. Combine half and half, egg, cinnamon, brown sugar and egg, cut butter with fork or pastry cutter, mix well, set aside. Add plums to rice about 5 minutes before end of cooking time. Remove from heat. In medium saucepan combine milk mixture, cook over medium heat until butter melts, reduce heat and add rice mixture, cook over medium-low heat about 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Strain and serve warm.



This week I'm linking up with:
apinchofjoy.com

Photobucket

Scrumptious Sunday Link Party

Mixitup
Photobucket
Sumo's Sweet Stuff


Tempt my Tummy Tuesdays



I Gotta Try That

2 comments:

The Vintage Boomer said...

Hi Debra - sounds good. My husband would love this.

Donna McBroom-Theriot said...

Great blog. I found you while posting for Ruby 4 Women. I'm following you everywhere. Would love a visit and follow on blog too when you have a moment. I'm just another Southerner who loves her sweet ice tea.

http://mylife-in-stories.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thank's for stopping by.Y'all come back!