Friday, July 6, 2012

Not so Homemade Buttermilk Biscuits

Shh...Granny has a confession. I can't make perfect, melt in your mouth buttermilk biscuits. I know! I'm a G.R.I.T.S.(Girl Raised in the South) and I can't make biscuits. Shame on me. My mama could make the best homemade biscuits. I watched her for years and thought this is easy, well it's not! I remember step by step and it never fails my biscuits FLOP!

Mama tried her best to teach me, but I just can't do it. For me it's fail, fail again and I can't believe that's a biscuit. I follow recipe after recipe and failure comes out if the oven.



Anyway, here's the recipe for homemade buttermilk biscuits. Good luck ya'll

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Ingredients:
2 cups self rising flour-shifted

1/2 cup lard
1 cup buttermilk

Directions:
Mix all ingredients to form a soft ball, flour dough and roll out on floured suffice. Cut biscuits with glass, place on greased baking sheet, place in oven about 10 minutes. Makes about 12.

1 comments:

Katie Watts said...

I have enjoyed blog hopping today. I have joined your site and hope you visit and join mine. Thank you so much, Katie msqueenfashionista.com

Post a Comment

Thank's for stopping by.Y'all come back!