Wednesday, June 12, 2013

#BeattheHeat #SundaySupper Summertime Sweet Pea Salad

It's HOT y'all here in Alabama and Granny's trying to stay cool and STAY out of a HOT kitchen! This month I'm participating in #SundaySupper and the theme is #BeattheHeat and hosted by Jen over at Juanita's Concina. If it's hot in your neck of the woods who doesn't want to beat the heat? Well y'all I've got a quick, refreshing summertime treat. It's guaranteed to keep you cool and your tummy saying yummy.

This simple recipe was the brainchild of my mother-in-law. She used to tell me when it's took hot to cook, nobody will eat and isn't that the truth. Summertime Sweet Pea Salad requires only a few ingredients and none you have to cook.

I've changed a few things in her recipe because I like to experiment with flavors.


Ingredients:
1 15 oz.can early peas, drained
2-3 ready to eat hard boiled eggs, chopped
1/2 cup ranch dressing
1 tablespoon Feta cheese
1-2 chopped green onion
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Mix all ingredients together and serve chilled.


Be sure to stop by these great blogs that embrace great ways to #BeattheHeat!


#BeatTheHeat Appetizers:
#BeatTheHeat Salads, Soups, & Sides:
#BeatTheHeat Main Dishes:
#BeatTheHeat Desserts:
#BeatTheHeat Drinks & Cocktails:
Wine Pairings Provided By: ENOFYLZ

Make sure you join us on Twitter throughout the day on Sunday, and at 3:00 p.m. EST for our weekly #SundaySupper Twitter chat! All you have to do is follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, or you can follow us through TweetChat! We’ll be sharing great recipes and tips all afternoon, and we’ll be talking all things #BeatTheHeat during our chat!

We’d also love to feature your recipes on our #SundaySupper Pinterest board and share them with all of our followers!

24 comments:

Jen @JuanitasCocina said...

I love pea salad! YUM! Thank you for participating in this week's #SundaySupper!

stringsandbuttons said...

These are amazing! Following you from the Friday Blog Hop. Hope to see you on mine :)

Ellen B Cookery said...

This salad sounds wonderful... especially during this hot weather!

Family Foodie said...

I love peas but have never made a Pea Salad. Thanks for the inspiration, I can't wait to try this recipe! I am so glad you are part of our #SundaySupper Movement!

LoLy said...

I am new around your blog and I "LOVE" it :D
I am your happy new follower XD
Thanks for sharing..

xxx
http://abudhabifood.blogspot.com

Cheri @ The Watering Mouth said...

I would never think to put these ingredients together but this looks like something both my husband I would love! Thank you so much for sharing!

xoxo,
Cheri

Baker Street said...

YUM! Nothing beats a good pea salad!

diabeticFoodie said...

I'd like your mother-in-law. I think the best diet is hot weather and no A/C!

FamilySpice said...

I need to find fresh peas. All I know is frozen!

Cindys Recipes said...

So simple but sounds so good!

Tammi @ Momma's Meals said...

I love these ingredients!! I'll have to try this one because I love peas!

Dorothy at ShockinglyDelicious said...

Your salad sounds good! Love the inclusion of feta!

Karen Hartzell said...

I never would have thought of combining sweet peas and feta. Interesting! Def going on the to try list!

Elizabeth @Mango_Queen said...

What a delish summertime sweet pea salad ! Will make this soon. Thanks for sharing your Sunday Supper!

Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips said...

What an interesting combo. I bet it is tasty!

Suzi said...

Nice and easy salad that will definitely beat the heat. Interesting flavor combination. Hope you are having a wonderful day and staying cool.

Renee said...

Nice combo with the peas, feta, and onion. Adding this to my need to try list.

Mama.Mommy.Mom. said...

Looks yummy! I love a good pea salad :)

Jamie @ www.mamamommymom.com

Sunithi Selvaraj, RD said...

Nice ! Love peas :) and this is a great pea salad

pippisinthekitchenagain said...

Thanks for sharing! This sounds like a great summer salad!

Heather Lynne said...

Yum! Such a simple recipe perfect to beat this heat!

Kim Bee said...

What a fab salad. I could see this disappear in a blink of an eye at our house.

Emily Meyers said...

Hey there! I just found your cute blog via the hop and I'm your newest follower! I'd love to have you as my blog friend too and check out a huge giveaway I'm having right now!!

Hope to see you there! Thanks so much lady!
Emily

http://emilymmeyers.blogspot.com/2012/07/chi-bling-giveaway-winner.html

jovina said...

If you like Italian food and want some more ideas for hot weather meals check out my recipes at
http://jovinacooksitalian.com/
Jovina

Post a Comment

Thank's for stopping by.Y'all come back!