Sunday, June 24, 2012

Sweet Southern Berry Berry Chicken Salad

It's berry season in the South ya'll!  With all those mouth watering, yummy in the tummy berries just bursting with juicy flavor I couldn't wait to try a new recipe.

For this recipe I use all the summer berries. I combine blueberries, blackberries, raspberries and strawberries with spring mix and chicken breast to create a quick and easy summer salad.


Ingredients:
1 small  pkg. spring mix-
1/4 cup fresh blueberries
1/4 cup fresh raspberries
1/4 cup fresh blackberries
1/4 cup fresh strawberries, quartered
1-2 medium boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 1/2 cup raspberry vinaigrette

Directions:
Rinse spring mix and berries before using.

Preheat oven to 300 degrees

Marinate chicken breasts in 1 cup raspberry vinaigrette about 2-3 hours in plastic zipper bag. Discard marinate before cooking

Bake marinated chicken in oven until juice runs clear. About 25-30 minutes.
While chicken is baking , combine berries and spring mix in serving bowl. Add 1/2 cup raspberry vinaigrette, toss well.
Place chicken breasts in refrigerator until cool enough to work with. Chop into bite size pieces, add to salad mixture, sprinkle a little ground pepper to taste.

Enjoy this cool, refreshing salad with a tall glass of sweet iced tea and your tummy will be saying yummy ya'll.

7 comments:

Gracey said...

Yummy, I love berry salads, especially when there's a touch of country!

Kat said...

Hi! I'm following you from the Mingle Monday blog hop! Love reading your blog! I would appreciate the follow back! Thanks! -Kat

http://mom-uncensored.blogspot.com

p.s. this recipe sounds so yummy! I'll have to try it! :)

A Kitchen Witch said...

That salad sounds so refreshing, perfect for a cool summer meal.

Shobha said...

The berry salad sounds interesting..
Thanks for dropping by at Food Mazaa and your lovely comment.

Cole said...

That sounds like a really interesting salad! I think I'll need to add it to my "to make" list. :-)

Jutta said...

That makes my mouth water! What a delicious combination :-). thanks for following my blog, am following you back with pleasure!
have a great weekend
jutta

Sheila (Welcome To My Kitchen) said...

Thanks for visiting my blog Welcome To My Kitchen. I am a new follower from the blogoholic community. Hope to get to know you better.

Post a Comment

Thank's for stopping by.Y'all come back!