Saturday, June 30, 2012

Blueberry Rice and Chicken

It's summer ya'll and time to eat some good ole' juicy blueberries. One of my favorite summertime dish is blueberry rice with chicken. Yummy in your tummy ya'll!


Ingredients:
4 boneless, skinless medium chicken breasts
2 cups cooked white, brown, or wild rice
1 cup fresh blueberries, rinsed
4 teaspoons Feta cheese
seasoning to taste

Directions:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees,baked chicken breasts about 30 minutes or until juice runs clear
While chicken is baking,prepare rice according to pkg. directions
Remove chicken from oven, cut each breast into four strips, mix rice and blueberries together, place 1/2 cup rice mixture on plate, place chicken strips on top, garnish with a few blueberries and 1 teaspoon Feta cheese

Serves 4

This recipe was shared with:








Country Momma Cooks

SixSistersStuff.com
Weekend Bloggy Reading

I Gotta Try That

BWS tips button

7 comments:

Nekky said...

Tell me something! Haven't heard about this before. It sounds healthy and I won't mind trying it out. Thanks for linking up to Welcome To Weekend Blog Hop. Following you.

Tricia Tennery said...

I found you on the Weekend Blog Hop and I'm your newest follower and my am I happy to find you! I'm from Alabama and my husband is from Tennessee and I love southern cooking. You can visit me back at
http://todaywiththetennerys.blogspot.com
xoxo

Jill said...

I would never have paired those together but it sounds delish! Thanks for sharing at the Pomp Party! Pinning to our Pomp Party board!

Jill @ Create.Craft.Love.

Kelly (Our Everyday Harvest) said...

Wow! Blueberries with chicken sounds so unique, yet delicious at the same time. I am going to have to try this one. Thank you for sharing.

Lynda said...

This sounds very delicious. I'll have to give it a try. Thank you for joining us at No Ordinary Blog Hop. Have a wonderful day!

Susan said...

Thanks for stopping my my website, Sole Searching! I'm joining your site as well! Looking forward to following you!

Six Sisters said...

We've never tried blueberries and chicken, but it looks like a pretty good combo! Thanks for linking up to "Strut Your Stuff Saturday!" Hopefully we'll see you tomorrow at 8pm MDT for this week's party! :) -The Sisters

Post a Comment

Thank's for stopping by.Y'all come back!